1. How did you get into this field?
After years of providing models for events and fashion shows, one time I was asked to actually produce a fashion show. After my first show I was hooked.
2. What do you think is the next big thing in the lighting industry?
Being able to run lighting from apps on our smartphones or iPads. Currently I use ShowXpress and the LIVE app on my smartphone.
3. Do you have a favorite fixture (and why)?
Yes any of the CHAUVET Q-Spot fixtures with gobo capabilities, along with real-time reaction from the board.
4. What has been your favorite design/project?
The annual Bauder Black Tie Fashion Event and various events for NBA ALL-Star Game weekend.
5. What was the biggest unforeseen obstacle that you’ve faced in one of your designs, and how did you overcome it?
Being told by a venue that we cannot use truss system or rigging for an event, and we had to place all lighting on staging and floor.
6. Complete this thought: A show without light is like…
…having a Rolls-Royce without gas!